Recently relocated to Raleigh from NYC.
This site is designed by and ran by me. It is a work portfolio but also - a living, continuously changing, place where I can share projects and ideas that often shift focus as I grow as a designer. To me, design is being able to focus on the big picture, not being afraid of bending current constraints, and always standing up for who you're designing for and putting their needs first. Always emphasizing truth and not being afraid to fail - but understanding the value of failing fast. Remaining optimistic no matter what project limitations there may be or how unamusing the topic may be - it's incredible how fast innovation can spread when you lead with a positive attitude. Lastly, being confident in your beliefs and taking risks - going in a new direction can be unpopular, but with confidence, leadership, and research putting yourself and your ideas out there is what it's all about.
Design Lead, IBM Cloud (April 2017 - Present)
Leading the design strategy for IBM Cloud and Cognitive Software's Worldwide Sales Enablement team.
UX Designer, IBM Commerce (June 2015 - April 2017)
Helped lead, from start to limited availability, the release of a new product capability to enhance the reporting capabilities for IBM's Watson Customer Automation. This enhancement provides marketers with deeper insights into their marketing activities and changes the way they manage and evaluate their performance.
• 2015 IBM Accessibility Ambassador: Attended the 2015 IAAP Access Conference and gave a presentation on how IBM Design is teaching the importance of accessible software design.
Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S. Industrial Design, Minor: Computer Science
Graduated in May 2015 with Honors from Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Ga. Focusing on Industrial Design, Computer Science: People Thread, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Products, and Accessible Design.
• 2014 InVenture Semi-Finalist: SnapCut
• 2014 Electrolux Design Lab Top 100: Suctera
• 1st Place: 2014 Georgia Tech Division of Professional Practice Internship Video Contest
• 2013, 2014 RESNA Participant: SnapCut
• Deans List: Fall 2011, 2012, 2014. Spring 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015
• Lettered 4 years as a Student Equipment Manager for the Georgia Tech Football Team
MOAM, Design Operations Intern (Jan. 2015 - May 2015)
Managers on a Mission (MOAM) is a non-profit organization that helps fund mission trips to Africa for student equipment managers. Worked with the team on revamping their graphic design documents, organizing a CRM for growth, as well as other operational duties.
GTAA, Student Equipment Manager (July 2011 - May 2015)
Lettered 4 years as a Student Equipment Manager for the Georgia Tech football team. Helped with the responsibilities that are needed to run daily and efficient team practices, provided and fixed player and coach equipment, assisted the team during home, away, and bowl games by working sideline duties.
IBM Design, UX Design Intern (Sept. 2014 - Nov. 2014)
Interned as a Software Designer in the IBM Maelstrom program lead by Devin O'Bryan.
1. As an intern-wide team, redesigned and revamped IBM's charitable giving program by enhancing the advertisement, employee incentives, social aspect, and branding.
2. Worked with the Mobile Innovation Lab creating a B2B mobile application to enhance the vendors and attendees experience at large scale live events. The design solution and proposal was evaluated to help businesses grow their revenue at these events by over 2 million dollars per year. This proposal was presented to the executive leadership team, including the GM of IBM Design and the Senior VP of Marketing and Communications. The teams' research and design aided in helping the Mobile Innovation Lab successfully create a final solution.
Travelport, UX Research Intern (May 2014 - Aug 2014)
Assisted on a variety of existing and upcoming projects with the goal of improving Travelport’s overall user experience. Built multiple prototypes for user testing and understanding customer flows by using Balsamiq and Axure. Gathered and synthesized research to compile and present to the larger design team. Worked with Travelport Labs to research new potential areas of growth.