ATL > ATX > NYC > RTP
My portfolio is a combination of personal and professional work. It is a place where I store projects that have impacted me and share projects that I hope impact others. I have been fortunate to work on an array of projects that have ranged in both scope and impact. Being able to work with diverse teams and people from all over the world has exponentially helped me grow as a designer and as a person. I'm thankful to be able to practice design daily and to help my colleagues and peers view challenges, technology, and product design from a user-centric perspective. My mission is to continue prioritizing growing my skills, lead by example and become a strong design advocate, always stand up for who we're designing for, and continue working towards making the world a more inclusive place for all. I remind myself daily to not let fear of failing hold me back - but to recognize the value of failing fast - and always lead with positivity and openness.
Senior Designer, IBM Cloud and Cognitive Software (April 2017 - Present)
- Senior Designer for IBM's Cloud and Cognitive Software Go-to-Market Enablement team. Leading the worldwide engagement platform that promotes peer to peer collaboration, crowdsourcing, leveling up skills, and recognition of our salesforce - launched in June 2018, over 25K users to date, rewarded more than 1800 people over $200K in prizes.
- Leading the F2F and virtual worldwide conference experience design, branding, and signage for attendee sizes over 30K - organizing and designing for conferences in North America, Spain, Austria, Bangkok, and Singapore.
- Experience leading a B2B product from concept to commercialization - as a UX Designer and as a Product Manager.
- Experience leading multiple F2F and virtual Design Thinking workshops ranging in size from 4 to 250 people a month - ranging in problem statements, objectives, and place in the product lifecycle.
• 2019 IBM Outstanding Technical Achievement Award (OTAA) for GAME ON
• 2019 BI WORLDWIDE Global Level Up Award for GAME ON
UX Design Volunteer, IBM Operations Risk Insights (March 2020 - October 2020)
Operations Risk Insight is an automated, comprehensive, and Watson-powered, alert service that assesses global risks to identify those posing the greatest threat of impact to ones business or resources.
UX Designer, IBM Commerce (June 2015 - April 2017)
Lead UX designer, from start to limited availability, for the release of a new product capability to enhance the reporting capabilities for IBM's Watson Customer Automation. This enhancement provides marketers with deeper insights into their marketing activities and changes the way they manage and evaluate their performance.
• 2015 IBM Accessibility Ambassador: Attended the 2015 IAAP Access Conference and gave a presentation on how IBM Design is teaching the importance of accessible software design.
September 2020: Promoted to Senior Designer
September 2018: Promoted to Advisory Designer
April 2017: Promoted to Designer
June 2015: Joined IBM as an Associate UX Designer
Georgia Institute of Technology
B.S. Industrial Design, Minor: Computer Science
Graduated in May 2015 with Honors from Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Ga. Focusing on Industrial Design, Computer Science: People Thread, Human-Computer Interaction, Interactive Products, and Accessible Design.
• 2014 InVenture Semi-Finalist: SnapCut
• 2014 Electrolux Design Lab Top 100: Suctera
• 1st Place: 2014 Georgia Tech Division of Professional Practice Internship Video Contest
• 2013, 2014 RESNA Participant: SnapCut
• Deans List: Fall 2011, 2012, 2014. Spring 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015
• Lettered 4 years as a Student Equipment Manager for the Georgia Tech Football Team
MOAM, Design Operations Intern (Jan. 2015 - May 2015)
Managers on a Mission (MOAM) is a non-profit organization that helps fund mission trips to Africa for student equipment managers. Worked with the team on revamping their graphic design documents, organizing a CRM for growth, as well as other operational duties.
GTAA, Student Equipment Manager (July 2011 - May 2015)
Lettered 4 years as a Student Equipment Manager for the Georgia Tech football team. Helped with the responsibilities that are needed to run daily and efficient team practices, provided and fixed player and coach equipment, assisted the team during home, away, and bowl games by working sideline duties.
IBM Design, UX Design Intern (Sept. 2014 - Nov. 2014)
Interned as a UX Designer in the IBM Maelstrom Program.
1. As an intern-wide team, redesigned and revamped IBM's charitable giving program by enhancing the advertisement, employee incentives, social aspect, and branding.
2. Worked with the Mobile Innovation Lab creating a B2B mobile application to enhance the vendors and attendees experience at large scale live events. The design solution and proposal was evaluated to help businesses grow their revenue at these events by over 2 million dollars per year. This proposal was presented to the executive leadership team, including the GM of IBM Design and the Senior VP of Marketing and Communications. The teams' research and design aided in helping the Mobile Innovation Lab successfully create a final solution.
Travelport, UX Research Intern (May 2014 - Aug 2014)
Assisted on a variety of existing and upcoming projects with the goal of improving Travelport’s overall user experience. Built multiple prototypes for user testing and understanding customer flows by using Balsamiq and Axure. Gathered and synthesized research to compile and present to the larger design team. Worked with Travelport Labs to research new potential areas of growth.