🔑 Note: Most IBM design work requires a password - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UX Design Lead, IBM Cloud and Cognitive Software
April 2017 - Current (New York City / Raleigh)
Leading the design strategy by providing recommendations and insights into new sales enablement processes, ensuring that enablement materials follow one cohesive design framework while enabling all team members (non-designers) to create assets that align with IBM Cloud branding, and improving the user experience and information architecture of our internal content management platform to guarantee sellers can easily and quickly find enablement materials.Work highlights:
- Designer and Offering Manager for a global engagement platform (GAME ON) that provides interactive ways to deliver learning content, promotes peer-to-peer collaboration, and gives enablement teams an avenue to run challenges that help raise team engagement while assisting with meeting strategic learning objectives. The platform is catered to over 12K sellers worldwide with games running concurrently in multiple geos. The platform hit 20K players in June 2020 and has awarded over 1500 winners more than $125,000 in prizes.
- Responsible for all aspects (quoting > creation > ordering > delivery) of branding, signage, and attendee gifts for our worldwide, week-long, enablement F2F conferences. Coordinating the RFPs, creating the designs, and handling shipping and arrival of all items. Managing the conference kick-off keynote presentation, including presentation design, executive rehearsals, AV team rehearsals, and day of execution. Working with global venues and event teams including: Madrid Marriott Auditorium, Austria Center Vienna, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park, Resorts World Convention Centre in Singapore, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, and the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- Facilitating F2F and virtual design thinking workshops with sellers and enablement team members - ranging from 5 to 300 attendees. Experience with running a workshop at the beginning of a project or mid project lifecycle.
- Standardizing branding, assets, tools, initiatives, and best practices used across the team. Implementing branding consistency of digital enablement assets across all geographies. Aligning with team members from different groups to ensure the team is producing consistent content.
- Visual design and information architecture of our internal wiki community that held enablement material for sellers and tech sellers.
Creator, IBM SkillsBuild Competition
July - August 2018 (New York City)
Designed and executed a 5 week competition that took students technical and professional skills to the next level.
Through Victoria, Jenny, and I's different volunteering experience, we noticed that many existing clubs and competitions focus on single skill sets (e.g. design, coding, business), and not how to apply those skills in the context of a real product. Our objective was to teach the students how to view any project from a wider lens so they can tackle challenges more effectively and have the tools necessary to take their thinking to the next level.
The pilot competition ran for 5 weeks in summer 2018 with 12 students. Teaching them Design Thinking principles, working in agile, how to write a business case, and ending with teams building Watson Chatbot around different focus areas.
Team: Victoria Papalian and Jenny Mallette
UX Designer, Watson Customer Engagement
September 2015 - April 2017 (New York City)
UX Designer, from product conception to launch. My role was to create an improved reporting capability for Watson Customer Automation, formerly known as the IBM Marketing Cloud (Silverpop). The enhancement provides marketers with deeper metrics and insights into their email marketing activities and changed the way they manage and evaluate their performance.
- Participating in and facilitating multiple F2F design thinking workshops to map out user pain points, as-is/to-be scenarios, feasibility mapping, and to prioritize features for upcoming sprints.
- Creating user flows with low to high fidelity mock ups to share in group discussions with design, technical, and offering management.
- Creating animated prototypes for team and executive meetings and to be shown at IBM conferences for internal advertisement and user research purposes (Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch)
- Designing a new way of breaking up and filtering data to produce the greatest insights and display them visually for our B2B customers.
- Listening in on client and user research calls of design walk throughs.
UX Designer, IBM Designcamp (Patterns)
June - September 2015 (Austin, TX)
Started in IBM Design's 3 month Design Bootcamp in Austin, Texas where I worked on multiple projects with teams ranging from 5 to 15 people before joining my full time team in September 2015 in NYC.
- Learned to collaborate quickly and effectively with Visual Designers, UX Designers, User Researchers, and Front-end Developers.
- Produced weekly playbacks to larger design team, management, and project executives.
- Worked similutaneously to conducted user research, produce low to high fidelity mock-ups, and create animated solution walk-throughs on a weekly basis.
Software Design Intern, IBM Design
September - November 2014 (Austin, TX)
Interned as a Software Designer in the IBM Maelstrom program.
- Redesigned IBM's charitable giving program by enhancing the messaging, employee incentives, social media marketing, and provided recommendations on how to raise engagement and cater to more audiences.
- Teamed with the Mobile Innovation Lab creating a B2B mobile application to enhance both vendor and attendee experience at large scale, live events. Our solution and design proposal was evaluated to help businesses grow their revenue at these events by over 2 million dollars per year. This proposal was presented to the executive leadership team, including the GM of IBM Design and the Senior VP of Marketing and Communications. The research and design aided in helping the Mobile Innovation Lab successfully create a solution on a commercialized path.